A passion that spans three decades.
Armed & Dangerous Football Camp was founded by Steve Calhoun in Orange County, CA in 2004.
Steve’s vision to apply his thirty-four years’ experience playing quarterback and the position’s integral relationship with receivers–leveraging his vast sports knowledge and industry contacts–has helped train rising young quarterbacks and receivers for more than twenty-one years.
Who exactly is Steve Calhoun?
- Founder, CEO and President of Armed and Dangerous Football Camps for 15 years (sponsored by Adidas)
- Coached 30+ quarterbacks and wide receivers privately and for the NFL draft (see bottom of this page)
- Tenured Quarterback coach at prestigious Manning Passing Academy coach since 2013
- Ranked top 5 quarterback coach in the country by Bleacher Report
- Expert Commentator on Sports Illustrated Now Online Webcast
- Premier talent scout for the European Football League
- Quarterback - New Mexico State University (1991 - 1993)
- Quarterback - German Football League (GFL) (1995 - 2004)
PROFESSIONAL COACHING EXPERIENCE
Armed and Dangerous Football - Anaheim, CA (2005-Present)
- Founder, President and CEO of socal-based football camp specializing in quarterback and wide receiver training
- Diagnose quarterback throwing mechanics, accuracy, release, pre-snap reads, and pocket presence
- Analyze wide-receiver route running, catching, blocking, separation, acceleration and overall agility skills
- Train on continuous, measurable performance improvement using proven NFL coaching techniques and metrics
- QB clients include: Russel Wilson, Cody Kessler, Ryan Lindley, Jake Locker, Nick Foles, and Vernon Adams
- WR clients include: Keenan Allen, Sterling Shepard, Marquise Lee, Kenny Stills, Robert Woods, Kyle Rudolph
Golden West College Quarterbacks Coach - Anaheim, CA (2008-2009)
- Ran quarterback drills designed to optimize throwing, foot speed, pocket presence, and play calling skills
Servite High School Quarterbacks Coach - Anaheim, CA (2007-2008)
- Coached Cody Fajardo who won Glenn Davis award as the best high school player in California.
J. Serra High School OC/Quarterbacks Coach - San Juan Capistrano, CA (2006–2007)
- Developed play-by-play weekly game for nationally ranked team running a pro style offensive
- Managed weekly offensive meetings with the coaching staff which includes; film study, player performance